Saturday, April 14, 2007

Menendez releases statement about Corzine

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 13, 2007

CONTACTS: Afshin Mohamadi (Menendez) 202-224-4744

SEN. MENENDEZ RELEASES STATEMENT
ON GOVERNOR CORZINE


WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) today released the following statement about Governor Jon Corzine following his car accident yesterday:

“My thoughts and prayers are with my friend Jon Corzine and his family as he recuperates. I am thankful that his injuries are not life-threatening and that he will make a full recovery. I look forward to his speedy return.

“During this difficult time for our state, I have spoken to and pledged to work with acting-Governor Codey and to lend my assistance whenever it is needed. I have full confidence in his ability to guide our state until Governor Corzine is ready to resume work.”

No comments: