Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bean makes a point: Coyotes are smarter than N.J. critics

Coyotes are very bright, and apparently brighter than those tracking them in Northern Monmouth County. The coyotes 'plaguing' the Bayshore, which have had their natural habitats infringed upon by condos and other building, in my opinion, are a public subject. Some coyotes have behaved badly -- without doubt.

But people have not had an impressive record of catching them yet (really anywhere -- they're coyotes). Being raised for some part in Southern Texas, if I was a betting person I would put my money on the coyotes rather than the hunters. I think there is a pretty good chance the coyotes like being around people as much as people want them around.

The executive editor for Greater Media Newspapers, Greg Bean, offers comment and insight in this week's column about this, which is well worth the reading. Click on the headline and go there.

No comments: