Saturday, October 06, 2007

Candidates wanted: First come, first serve!

I spoke with a few candidates today in Ocean Grove, and think I want to reiterate policy again: Courier does stories on any and every candidate who comes forward and wants one done, calls and schedules a time to come to our building. We do not go after people, because the main job of a candidate is to explain their positions. I guarantee most of these campaigns have more staff than Courier.

Appointments can be made by calling me, at (732) 957-0070, ext. 6116. Leave a day and time when you can come down and we'll make it happen.

As an aside, what I really want to ask every candidate is a simple question: How are you going to reduce my taxes and make government smaller and less expensive? Don't want to hear about 'holding any lines,' want to know how taxes get smaller, business gets encouraged and a long term plan about dealing with debt (e.g. generating revenue outside taxation).

No comments: