Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Art in Red Bank: It's a date

I was finally able to pay a visit to the Asher Neiman Gallery, Monmouth Street, Red Bank, this weekend. Normally art galleries can seem snobby to me, but that was definitely not the case here.

The work of world-traveling photographer Stewart Halperin is on display. His photographs put emphasis on the details in a world of setting, including Italy, New York City and Africa.

The woman at the gallery was kind enough to explain how the color jumps out of Halperin's work due to a special type of printing. Although he uses a digital camera, the photographs are printed on matted paper, rather than glossy, which absorbs the colors more.

The exhibit, "A World of Radiance," will be open until July 18 and I recommend you stop by. It is a beautiful exhibit in a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere.

I also met an artist who will be featured at the gallery in upcoming months named Francis. He is doing something remarkable with 3-d effects in his paintings. I will post here when I find more information about his exhibit.

Click on this post's headline to visit the gallery's Web site.

No comments: