Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Release states Wilkens will not seek another term

I recently received this release, and am re-posting it here on the blog:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Middletown, NJ
April 7, 2008

P.O.C. Thomas Wilkens
Middletown Township Committeeman

Middletown Township Committeeman Thomas P. Wilkens has announced that he will not be seeking re-election for a second term this fall. After a highly successful collegiate and international swimming career that culminated in his winning a Bronze Medal at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, Australia, Mr. Wilkens returned to his hometown of Middletown in 2004. A Political Science major from Stanford University, Mr .Wilkens accepted the nomination of the Republican Party and was the leading vote getter for Township Committee in November 2005.

“This was a very difficult decision, and one that I struggled with a great deal”, Wilkens said. “I was humbled by the faith and trust that the community showed in me; and I tried very hard to always act as a dedicated, productive, honest, and respectful public servant.”

“While I would love to continue in public office; my wife, Stephanie, and I now have two very young children at home; and I have decided that it is most important to devote my full energies to our family and my business career at this time. I have always strived to put the maximum effort into everything I do; and the citizens of Middletown deserve nothing less from its elected officials.”

“I am very grateful to everyone for their support. Middletown is a wonderful town with great people, and I will continue to stay involved in the community in every way I can.”

No comments: